Sunday, January 22, 2012

Homemade Copper Cleaner

Happy Sunday!


I was lucky enough to have some great copper pots passed down to me from my mom when she got a new set.  I sometimes end up washing them in the dishwasher and they quickly tarnish.  It wasn't really a recent discovery but now that I have this blog, I thought it would be nice to share this super easy homemade way to brighten your copper pots when they tarnish.




  • Wash and dry the pot with warm soapy water
  • Heat a 1/2 cup-1 cup of tomato sauce, soup or ketchup until hot (May even work at room temp)
  • Take a dry cloth or paper towel and carefully rub chosen tomato product all over the the copper
  • Let dry
  • Rinse and dry again with warm soapy water.
  • Repeat if necessary
  • Ta-da!


ENJOY!
Make It Delish!
~Sam

Find our catering page on Facebook: Samantha Stone Catering

No comments:

Post a Comment